Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Update...

My friend and I went out and hiked, but not quite as far as planned. We did 36 miles of trail, but went home early due to the weather being in the high 90s that weekend. First day was 13 miles with nice weather. Second day was 17 miles with very hot weather, we didn't take enough water and there wasn't another water source for 13 miles...5 of our first 6 miles were over rocks with no sun cover. Needless to say it was a very long hot day. The next day we did 6 miles into town where we were "saved" by her mom. We spent the rest of our weekend inside with the AC and going to get vegan goodies at Vegan Treats.

It was fun and we would do it again. I also had a really bad head cold the whole weekend (it lasted long past the weekend too), and wasn't eating much while we were out. I'll be better prepared for hot weather next time.

Next time. I was going to go back out tomorrow, but am delaying it a bit for a bunch of reasons. I'm going to go back out the week after next. Then I can stay out for 3-4 weeks before I want to be home to do some other stuff. So I'm still section hiking and I'm really looking forward to getting back out and hiking. I hope the weather cools off some before I go, it would be nice if the thunderstorms would stop as well.

I do have some cool pictures from my last hike, but they are still on my camera and I don't have the cord with me right now. I'll get those up before I leave again though.

No comments: