Friday, May 9, 2008

Home

What is it? Home is where you hang your hat. Something like that. My hat, a cute Tilley, will be hung in (or near) my new home starting next Wednesday. My new home being my Hennessy Hammock. I took it to my "backyard" today and did another set-up test (gotta make sure I remember the knots!). "backyard" = brick park with trees and a fountain 2 blocks away

Here is my new home! Portable! Lightweight! Cute! What more could you want?
Hammock in my "backyard"

It has a pocket and hooks inside...my new home comes with storage.
Hammock inside pocket

And look at all the extra space I have inside...just as much space at my head too.
hammock foot-end

And it rolls up all nice and tidy so I can fold it up and pack it. This is with one of the covers pulled back a bit.
Hammock in Snake Skin

And this is how I'll be carrying my hammock and everything that I will use/need/have for the hike. I should get a picture of it without the pack cover. And I have shorter trekking poles now that fit inside it, much better!
my pack

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you were actually setting up that tarp you would want to put a ridge line in it so it doesn't pool water on your face.